Friday, September 17, 2010

I can smell the ocean!

115 miles today , 90+ temperatures, and around 63 miles left!  The mountains of Virginia finally flatten out,  some rolley hills earlier today,  lots of traffic to deal with,  some no biking signs,  we just rode on!  Finished the day in Franklin VA,  lots of peanuts fields and cotton!  Everyone is excited about tomorrow and a little sad,  we had our last dinner in the RV!  Paul has been wonderful, we have had wonderful meals and support.  It will feel strange to drive a car again, look at a newspaper, see TV.   I am looking forward to seeing my family!  Everyone on this trip has been amazing and they have become family, it will hard  not be with them after tomorrow!  I know we will have more adventures together down the road!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for making this blog site so we could track you across America. I have loved keeping up with the team. I wish I could be in VA to welcome and congratulate all of you. I look forward to hearing more stories and seeing more pictures when I come to WV.

    God bless you on your last day of peddling across America!

    Love,

    Susie

    ReplyDelete